Wednesday, December 5, 2007

SELF TALK!

I often listen people telling positive self talk helps the sub-conscious mind to do what we think!

And U can know How much a student who hasn't studied for the whole semester needs this self talk When his exams r few days away!

I want to quote an example for this self talk.
When i was a kid i used to drink milk 5 times a day, one day i had spilled a glass of milk, and asked my mom for another cup of milk, my mom gave me another, this time i was OVER CAUTIOUS not to spill it again and said to myself I will 'NOT' spill it again, i kept on saying this till my mom brought it for me!
But unfortunately i spilled and spoiled it again!

So people explain this as below, NOT is a negative word and ur subconscious mind records it and a negative action happens as an effect of this, SO he says I should have said to myself That " I WILL DRINK IT THIS TIME " this is a positive statement and there by helps my subconscious mind to do a positive action!


How do u describe this picture,
1. THE GLASS IS BEING FILLED or
2. THE JUG IS BEING EMPTIED ( This is concerned with optimism and pessimism lets talk about this sometime later )

So as i said My exams r not too far away and i need to have a positive self talk!
so here it goes,

"IF U WANT TO ACHIEVE SOMETHING WHICH U COULDN'T ACHIEVE SO FAR U HAVE TO DO SOMETHING WHICH U HAVEN'T DONE SO FAR"

whoever is reading this post (poor fellow) wish me luck!
Bye for now!

6 comments:

suhas said...

good topic!!
self-talking should happen in oneself . when we`re asked to describe ourselves by a stranger, we`ll be left dumb or we`ll throw a few words!
funny part is when we`re asked to describe about a star or a celebrity we will come up with an essay!!
self-talk helps us to review ourselves!! this is one thing i`ve done when i`m alone!! i read my emotions,stop if its awry!!

MAYA!!!! said...

yep!! suhas is right in commenting about self talk.........ppl do find it hard to descride themselves even if it is in a single sentence or a word.........
self talk is only a way to analyse yourself n a path to perfection!!!! who knows , u might be able to achieve it someday!!!n by the way ,thanks.......i finally found what i wanted to put on my blog.........

Vijith Venkatesh said...

Hi, first of all thank u guys for findin time to read my blog & commenting on it.
I posted this topic just to boost up my spirits,but u guys have given a new face for this topic.
Hmmm most of the times it happens so that, we don't even know what we r doin & why we r doin something, life becomes so very monotonous,just then this self talk comes into picture,U ask urself, what am I doin?
Why am I doin this?
Then we question ourselves,What exactly I want to do?
whats my aim?
Am I moving in the right direction?
Thus reviewing ouselves helps us move in the right path!

Unknown said...

All the best maga!

BTW, what you think doesn't alter the situation much right? Its all within you.

Vijith Venkatesh said...

Thanks maga!...

Vijith Venkatesh said...

Hazrat inaayat khan said-"the words that enlighten the soul are more precious than jewels".